Take your boerie rolls to the next level by adding pineapple salsa to them. Mogau Seshoene, a.k.a. The Lazy Makoti, has a super-easy recipe that only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
- 6 hot dog rolls
- 800 g boerewors
- For the pineapple salsa, mix:
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely cubed
- 2 T coriander finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- To serve
1. Braai the wors on medium coals until cooked to your liking and set aside. Cooking low and slow will prevent the skin from splitting, which keeps the wors juicy.
2. Slice the hot dog rolls in half lengthways and butter. Place on the hot grid until the butter has melted and light char lines are visible.
2. Fill each roll with the wors and a generous serving of salsa.