- 10 large free-range egg yolks
- 1–2 drops yellow food colouring (optional)
- 200 g sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2–3 lemons, zested
- salt a pinch
- 2 2⁄3 cups cream
- Woolworths frozen summer berries, for serving
1. Whisk the egg yolks, food colouring, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt in a metal bowl.
2. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until the mixture is very thick, about 5–7 minutes. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and set aside until cooled to room temperature.
3. Beat the cream until firm peaks form. Carefully fold the lemon mixture into the cream. Spoon into small glasses and freeze for 4–6 hours.