- 2 balls Woolworths or di latte mozzarella
- 1 t poppy seeds
- 2 red chillies, halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup dill, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 T verjuice
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced
- 1 t honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Roughly tear the mozzarella and place in a bowl. Whisk the remaining ingredients and pour over the mozzarella, coating it thoroughly.
Cover and chill for a day. This salad is delicious on its own or tossed into fresh watercress with its marinating juices.
Cook's note: Semi-soft mild cheeses like bocconcini and fior di latte mozzarella are a perfect canvas for bold flavours such as chilli, basil and orange. These laidback Mediterranean flavours belong together and the deliciously milky cheese will absorb and show them off. The poppy seeds add a gorgeous nuttiness.