- For the marinated smoked trout:
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T dill, snipped
- 3 T olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 150 g oak-smoked trout ribbons
- 100 g asparagus tips
- Olive oil, for moistening
- 1 butter lettuce
- 1 cos lettuce
- 1 English cucumber, shaved
- 80 g sugar snap peas
- 15 g baby pea shoots
- Rye bread, for serving
- For the sour cream-and-chive dressing, mix:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup thick mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 T chives, snipped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
To make the trout, mix the lemon zest, juice and dill. Whisk in the oil and season with pepper. Spoon over the trout.
Lightly oil the asparagus, then pan-grill until tender and slightly charred. Season and set aside to cool.
Rinse and drain the butter lettuce. Separate the leaves, then place on a platter. Add the cos lettuce, cucumber and sugar snap peas. Top with the marinated smoked trout and pea shoots.
Serve with the dressing and rye bread on the side.