- 2 T salted butter
- 400 g pearl couscous
- 2 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 100 g Kalamata olives, stoned, drained and halved lengthways
- 1 Mediterranean cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 130 g Woolworths marinated chargrilled artichokes, sliced into 2 cm pieces
- 200 g baby tomatoes, halved
- 40 g rocket, rinsed and dried
- 15 g tarragon, chopped
- 15 g parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 50 g raw almonds, roughly chopped, to garnish
- Olive oil, for drizzling
Melt the butter in a large nonstick saucepan and sauté the couscous over a medium heat. Cook, stirring regularly, until the couscous is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
Reduce the temperature to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the couscous is just cooked.
Remove from the heat, cover and steam for a few minutes.
Tip into a bowl and stir. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
Mix the remaining ingredients, except the almonds and olive oil, with the cooked couscous and transfer to a serving dish.
Garnish with the almonds and drizzle with the olive oil.
Cook's note: We love the texture of pearl couscous and find toasting it beforehand adds a delicious nutty flavour to this dish.