- 2 x basic meringue (see note below)
- 1 cup Monin elderflower syrup
- For the filling:
- 350 g crème fraîche
- 1 T vanilla paste
1. Find the recipe for the basic meringue here. Preheat the oven to 120°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Spoon the meringue mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe onto the lined baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes, or until set on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
3. To make the filling, mix the crème fraîche and vanilla paste. Spoon or pipe between 2 meringues and sandwich them together.
4. Heat the elderflower syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat and reduce by half, or until thick. Drizzle over the meringues to serve.