- 6 cups chicken stock
- 300 - 400 g free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 135 g baby corn, split lengthways
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 t coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 fresh lime, thinly sliced
- 1 firm, ripe avocado, quartered and thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- flour tortilla strips, fried, for serving
1. Bring the stock to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add the chicken, turn off the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes until just cooked and still moist. Remove using a slotted spoon and shred when cool enough to handle.
2. Simmer the corn, chilli, coriander and lime in the stock for 10 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and avocado and gently heat through. Season to taste. Sprinkle with coriander and pass around crisp tortilla strips to serve.