- 800 g Woolworths Roma tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 350 g Woolworths exotic tomatoes
- 1/2 head garlic
- 1 - 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 x 50 g box Woolworths enchilada spice
- 5 T olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 x 500 ml carton Woolworths organic vegetable stock, heated
- 200 g Woolworths bronze die-cut penne
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- sour cream, for serving
- basil, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the tomatoes, garlic, shallots and half the enchilada spice in a deep roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 T olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 20 minutes.
2. Add the hot vegetable stock and pasta to the tomatoes, adding extra hot water to just cover the ingredients if necessary. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
3. Fry the garlic in the remaining olive oil with the paprika, tomato paste and remaining enchilada spice. Toss the chickpeas in the pan.
4. Serve the minestrone in bowls, topped with the chickpeas, flavoured oil, sour cream and basil.