- 500-600 g free-range steaks
- olive oil
- 4 tortillas, for serving
- rocket leaves, for serving
- For the dressing, mix together:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t ground cumin
- ½ t ground coriander
- ¼ t ground chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt, to taste
- For the tomato and onion salsa, mix together:
- 2 large firm red tomatoes, chopped
- 6–8 red salad onions, chopped
- handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 T red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
Trim the steaks of all visible fat, and slice them into thin strips. Heat a heavy frying pan, then add a spoonful or two of olive oil.
Add the steak slices to the hot oil and stir-fry for a few minutes until nicely browned but still pink and moist.
Remove the pan from the heat and pour over the dressing. Mix well.
Serve with tortillas, tomato-and-onion salsa and rocket leaves.
Per serving: 2660.3kJ, 34.2g protein, 39.1g fat, 32.4g carbs
Tip: omit the chillies to make this dish child-friendly.