- 1 x 400 g pack Woolworths frozen yellow fin tuna portions
- 3 grapefruit
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 2 mielies, charred
- 1 x 25 g tub Woolworths baby herb leaves
- A squeeze lime juice
- A drizzle olive oil
- Woolworths Clarks Kitchen chipotle chilli sauce, for basting
- Woolworths multigrain nacho chips, for serving
- chilli, chopped, for serving
Partially thaw the frozen yellow fin tuna portions.
Meanwhile, toss the segments of 3 grapefruit (save any juice to dress the salad), cubed avocados, the kernels of 2 charred mielies, baby herb leaves, a squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste.
Preheat a griddle pan over a very high heat. Brush the tuna generously with Woolworths Clarks Kitchen chipotle chilli sauce and sear for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, basting. Slice and layer with the salad, Woolworths multigrain nacho chips, and chopped chilli.
Cook's note: Want to get perfectly cooked tuna portions? When cooking from frozen, allow the portions to thaw only partially, not all the way through. That way, they won’t overcook when you sear them.