- Flour, for dipping
- 2 extra large free-range eggs
- 1-2 T fresh sage, chopped
- salt and pepper
- About 3 cups (750ml) day-old ciabatta or Italian country breadcrumbs, for coating
- Canola oil, for frying
- Pan-fried spinach leaves, to serve
- Olive oil and garlic, for frying
- 400-500 g veal schnitzels
Bash the schnitzels between sheets of nonstick baking paper until well flattened.
Dip them first in flour, then in egg beaten with sage and seasoning, and, finally, in the breadcrumbs.
If you have time, refrigerate to set the crumbs, even for half an hour.
Fry the schnitzels in a small amount of hot oil until golden and crisp.
If necessary, keep some warm on a wire rack in a low oven while finishing the rest.
Serve with lemon wedges and spinach leaves pan-fried in a little olive oil and garlic.