- 145 g unsalted butter
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 2 t Woolworths miso paste
- Woolworths English muffins, toasted, for serving
- free-range poached eggs, for serving
- sliced ham, for serving
- green peppercorns, to taste
1. Melt the butter, then allow to cool for 2 minutes. While the butter is cooling combine the eggs, vinegar and miso in a large bowl and blend until foamy using a stick blender at a high speed.
2. Slowly add the melted butter to the egg mixture while keeping the blender running – the egg mixture will start to thicken and lighten in colour. Make sure all the butter is incorporated before you turn off the blender. Adjust the seasoning if necessary, place a piece of clingwrap directly onto the surface and leave at room temperature until required.
3. Serve the miso Hollandaise with the muffins, ham, eggs and green peppercorns.
Cook’s note: Miso is quite salty, so use unsalted butter. When melting the butter, do not let it boil as this will cause moisture to evaporate, which isn’t good when making an emulsified sauce.
Photographs: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistant: Irinja Bekker