- 2 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 400 g Woolworths mixed mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125 ml mushroom stock
- 65 ml cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g fresh fettucine, cooked al dente, for serving
- 1-2 T Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Parmesan, shaved, for sprinkling
Heat the butter, olive oil and rosemary in a large pan. Add the mushrooms and fry, stirring, over a brisk heat for a few minutes until just cooked. Stir in the garlic.
Pour in the mushroom stock and cream and bring to a simmer. Allow to reduce slightly. Discard the rosemary.
Use a stick blender to purée a third of the mushroom mixture. Season to taste. Mix the puréed mushrooms and the remaining mushrooms with the pasta, adding more mushroom stock or cream if necessary. Add the parsley. Serve topped with shaved Parmesan.