- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 T olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 x 500 g Woolworths ready-to-cook diced butternut punnet
- 1 x 400 g tomatoes can, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 t dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g baby marrows, cut into chunks
- 200 g patty pans, cut into chunks
- 1 x 400 g borlotti beans can, drained and rinsed
- 125 ml vegetable stock
- 200 g feta
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- Hot cooked brown rice or pasta, for serving
Soften the onion in 3 T olive oil, then add the butternut. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano and season to taste. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add the marrows, patty pans, beans and stock. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the marrows are tender. Add the feta – crumbled or cubed – and a handful of spinach leaves. Cover, but turn off the heat.
Allow to stand for 5 minutes to allow the feta to melt and the spinach to wilt. Check the seasoning and serve in bowls, spooned over brown rice or pasta. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of baby spinach leaves.