- 400 g rump steak
- Sunflower oil, for rubbing
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- For the monkeygland sauce:
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 T sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 x 400 g can Italian whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chutney
- 6 T sugar
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 1 t chipotle Tabasco
- For the tostadas:
- 4 white flour wraps, toasted
- 1⁄2 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 3 Woolworths supersweet sweetcorn, cobs charred and cut off the cob
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 t parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
Rub the rump with oil, salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan until extremely hot and sear the rump for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
To make the monkeygland sauce, fry the garlic and onion in the oil until golden. Add the remaining ingredients and cook over a medium heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To make the tostadas, place the toasted wraps on a wire wrack to cool. Toss the cabbage, corn and red wine vinegar. In a separate bowl, mix the parsley, olive oil and lemon zest until combined.
To serve, cut the rump into generous chunks and pour over the monkeygland sauce. Top the wraps with the cabbage mixture and drizzle with the parsley sauce.