This sauce is super-easy to make and very impressive. We recommend spooning the sauce over nests of fresh fettuccine.
- 500 g small whole portabellini mushrooms
- olive oil, for frying
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 25 g butter
- ½ cup white wine, (or mushroom stock)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g fresh fettucine, cooked al dente
- 60-70 g Woolworths burratina mozzarella, for serving
- wild rocket, for serving
1. Trim the ends if necessary but leave the mushrooms whole. Wipe clean with damp a cast-iron grill pan and grill over a fairly high heat until tender and slightly charred – about 10 minutes.
2. Stir-fry the oiled mushrooms in a large non-stick or heavy cast-iron pan with the rosemary for about 5 minutes, until barely tender.
3. Stir in the butter until melted, then pour in the wine or stock. Bring to a bubble. Simmer until well-reduced, stirring continuously. Discard the rosemary and check the seasoning.
4. Arrange nests of freshly cooked pasta on large plates and spoon over the mushrooms. Add shreds of mozzarella and scatter over the rocket.
Photography: Toby Murphy
Production: Brita Du Plesis
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira