- 1 Woolworths olive ciabatta loaf, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup Woolworths vino cotto
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and toast the ciabatta until golden. Remove from the heat and rub with the garlic.
In a separate pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat and brown the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add the vino cotto and reduce until syrupy.
Season the mushrooms and serve on the toast.
Cook's note: Toast rubbed with garlic is one of Italy’s most famous antipasti. In this version, vino cotto – a syrup made from reduced grape must – adds delicious sweetness to the earthy mushrooms.