- 2 T Woolworths ghee
- 250 g portobellini mushrooms, torn
- 4 Woolworths brown mushroom steaks, torn
- 220 g Woolworths exotic mushroom kebabs, skewers removed and torn
- 120 g shiitake mushrooms
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 bay leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 free-range eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 t fresh nutmeg, grated
- 50 g butter, melted
- 10 sheets Woolworths phyllo pastry
- 240 g chestnuts, whole peeled and cooked
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Melt a little ghee in a pan over a high heat. Fry the mushrooms, garlic and bay leaves in batches until golden. Season with salt.
Whisk the eggs, cream and nutmeg together. Season to taste.
Brush the butter onto the pastry, keeping each layer covered with a damp cloth while working. Line a 25 cm springform cake tin with the pastry, allowing the edges to hang over the sides of the tin. Top with the mushrooms and pour over the egg mixture. Crumble over the chestnuts. Bake it for 45 minutes, or until set.
Cook's note: There’s no better way to get everyone into the idea of eating more vegetarian dishes than with this substantial, mouthwatering pie featuring three types of mushrooms.
It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s a no-brainer.