- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 T Woolworths tomato paste with vegetable soffritto
- 1 chorizo, sliced
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned
- 1x 400g can butter beans, drained
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Fry the onion in the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste and chorizo and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add the mussels and cover the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that do not open. Toss through the butter beans and season to taste.