- 600 g free-range sirloin steak
- Olive oil for searing
- *4 potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Watercress for serving
- Sea salt, to taste
- For the mustard dressing, mix:
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 T capers, rinsed
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 4 salad onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- *WRewards, exclusively for cardholders
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Oil the steaks. Sear until well browned, then finish cooking in the oven for 5 minutes. Wrap in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice and serve topped with the dressing, lots of watercress, and potatoes on the side.
To make the crispy fried potatoes, scrub the potatoes and slice thinly using a mandoline.
Deep fry in hot oil until crisp and golden, drain on kitchen paper towel and add salt to taste.
Cook’s note: Try the dressing over grilled fish or chicken.