- 1 T olive oil
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x 2 cm piece ginger, minced
- 1 t mustard seeds
- 3 Woolworths Flavourburst™ nectarines, roughly chopped
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Heat the olive oil on a saucepan and sweat the onions, garlic, ginger and mustard seeds until fragrant and translucent.
2. Add the nectarines, sugar and vinegar and simmer for 30–40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check the seasoning.
3. Add the thyme and turn off the heat. It will thicken while it cools. Once cooled, store in an airtight container. This is delicious with cheese, sausage rolls, pork chops or pork sausages.