What’s a clafoutis? It’s the easy, custardy pudding you need in your life right now! Trust The Lazy Makoti.
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 80 g caster sugar
- a pinch salt
- 70 g cake flour
- 2 T butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ lemon, finely zested
- 6 -8 nectarines, or plums, cut into eighths (you can also use halved baby plums or cherries)
- icing sugar, for dusting
- ice cream, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and salt for about 1 minute until well combined. Add the flour and beat until smooth.
2. Whisk in the melted butter, followed by the milk, cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Make sure that the mixture is completely smooth.
3. Pour the batter into a prepared 23 cm pie dish. Gently press the nectarines into the batter.
4. Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until just set and golden around the edges. Allow to cool slightly until lukewarm. Dust with icing sugar and serve as is or with ice cream.
Videography: Barry de Villiers, Xolisani Khumalo