- For the filling:
- 3 Woolworths Flavourburst™ nectarines
- 3 T butter
- For the snack bars:
- 120 g cake flour
- 1 cup Woolworths baked vanilla and seed granola
- 140 g brown sugar
- ¼ t bicarbonate of soda
- 115 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 lemon, zested
- 50 g flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Slice the nectarines into thin wedges. Heat a pan and melt 1 T butter. Fry the fruit in batches, allowing the butter to brown slightly – this adds a lovely nutty flavour. Set aside.
2. Line a 9 x 9 cm baking tray with baking paper. Place all the ingredients except the almonds into a large bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Remove half a cup of the mixture and set aside. Pour the crumb into the tray and press firmly down to flatten. Place the cooked fruit evenly over the base, then sprinkle over the remaining crumb mixture and almonds. Bake for 30–35 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then slice into bars and store in an airtight container. They can also be served warm with plain yogurt and honey.