- 2 T olive oil (plus extra)
- 3 - 4 tricolore peppers, halved
- 4 slicing tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 -8 slices Woolworths’ garlic butter-filled ciabatta
- 320 g Woolworths halloumi
- 120 g petit-pois peas, blanched and crushed
- 1 T sour cream (or crème fraîche)
- 1 t mint, chopped
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1x 350 g punnet Woolworth exotic tomatoes
- for the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 t caster sugar (or honey)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. In a roasting pan, drizzle 2 T olive oil over the tricolore peppers, the slicing tomatoes and crushed garlic. Season and roast for 20 minutes.
2. Tear apart the ciabatta and fry in a little olive oil until golden and the butter has melted.
3. Cube the halloumi and fry in a little oil until golden.
4. Mix the blanched and crushed petit-pois peas with sour cream or crème fraîche, then fold in chopped mint, squeeze in some lemon juice, and season to taste.
5. Slice the exotic tomatoes.
6. To make the dressing, combine the grated garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil and caster sugar or honey. Squeeze 2 roast tomatoes into the dressing and toss with the bread, roast peppers and tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and halloumi. Spoon over the peas.