- 8 slices white bread
- 6 free-range eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 T canola oil
- 3 salted butter
- cinnamon sugar, for serving (optional)
- Woolworths Madagascan vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the crusts off the bread.
2. Mix the eggs and cream using a whisk.
3. Spread 4 slices of bread with Nutella and the remaining 4 with peanut butter. Sandwich the Nutella slices with a peanut butter slice.
4. In a large pan, heat the oil and butter until the butter is foamy, then dip each sandwich into the egg mixture and pan-fry on both sides until golden brown. Finish off in the oven to make sure they are piping hot.
5. Serve for breakfast or dessert, with cinnamon sugar or ice cream.
Cook's note: When I see peanut butter and Nutella meet on a French toast style sandwich, it makes me feel as happy as I do when I occasionally indulge in a Ferrero Rocher!