These easy oat flapjacks are sweetened with bananas. Serve with cheese and jam, or peanut butter, banana and honey and add to lunch boxes for an affordable, but tasty treat.
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 50 g rolled oats
- ½ t baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- oil, for frying
- 90 g mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ¼ cup smooth strawberry jam
1. Place all the ingredients except the cheese and jam in a blender and process. Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes or until thickened.
2. Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Ladle in 2 T batter and cook for 2 minutes, then flip over and cook for a further minute. Repeat until you have 8 flapjacks.
3. Serve sandwiched with cheese and jam.
Cook’s note: You can also serve these with peanut butter, sliced banana and a squeeze of honey.
Costing per serving: R21.11