- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 250 g Woolworths chickpea pasta
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- a handful basil
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
- Ingredients aren't specified.
Gently soften the onion and celery in the oil. Stir in the garlic. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Pour in the water and stock and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and chickpeas and season. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Check the seasoning.
Add the basil and Parmesan before serving. Pass around extra Parmesan.
Cook's note: This quick vegetarian meal is half pasta, half broth, all cooked together in one pot. There are a number of variations, but I’ve chosen gluten-free pasta, made with chickpea flour