- 1 litre whey from ricotta
- 500 g Woolworths organic baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 200 g rainbow radishes, scrubbed
- For the caper lemon cream:
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T capers, drained and patted dry
- 2 T Woolworths Ayrshire salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 cup Woolworths organic cream
- ½ lemon, juiced
Place the whey in a saucepan, add the potatoes and radishes and bring to the boil. Boil for 20 minutes, or until tender.
To make the caper lemon cream, heat the olive oil in a pan, then fry the capers until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
Heat the butter in the pan and sauté the garlic until golden, then add the cream, lemon juice and capers and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
Place the potatoes and radishes in a bowl. Spoon over a little cooking liquid, then pour over the cream.
Cook’s note: Cooking the vegetables in whey adds extra sourdough flavour. Whey can also be used instead of water when baking.