- 500 g organic onions, skinned and chopped
- 2 cloves organic garlic, chopped
- a few sprigs of organic sage
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T organic olive oil
- ½ cup organic cream
- 350 g organic artisan slow-dried mafaldine
- 400-500 g seasoned seared free-range beef steak, thinly sliced
- organic pecorino, shaved, for serving
- organic Italian parsley leaves, torn, for serving
Gently soften the onion, garlic, sage and a little seasoning in the warmed olive oil.
Cook, covered, stirring from time to time – it should take at least 40 minutes, as the onion must be meltingly soft and pale golden (if necessary, add a little more oil).
Pour in the cream then heat through. Blend the sauce and check seasoning. Reheat, stirring, if necessary.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving the cooking water.
Divide among four plates, add the beef, then spoon over the sauce – if necessary, mix in a little of the reserved water to loosen.
Sprinkle with shavings of pecorino and some torn parsley.
Cook’s tip: The mafaldine can easily be substituted with organic linguine.
Per serving: 3208.4kJ, 36.7g protein, 33.1g fat, 75.8g carbs