- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 1 x 200 g can organic Italian chopped tomatoes
- organic red chilli, split, plus extra, shredded, for serving
- 4 cups organic-chicken stock
- 1 x 500 g jar organic crunchy peanut butter
- sea salt, to taste
- organic carrot, thinly julienned, for serving
- organic sun-dried-tomato pesto, for serving (optional)
Simmer the onion with the tomato and chilli for 10 minutes, or until the onion is softened. Stir in the stock, peanut butter and a little seasoning, then gently simmer for 20 minutes, stirring now and again to prevent sticking. If the soup is too thick, add stock until a suitable consistency is achieved. Discard the split chilli.
Serve topped with carrot and chilli, and, if you like, a spoon of pesto.
Per serving: 1631.9kJ, 27.8g protein, 14.1g fat, 27.1g carbs
Fresh organic chicken and vegetable stocks form the basis of this robust one-pot winter soups.