- 1/2 cup green onions/shallots/spring onions, sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 300 g spinach or baby spinach, washed
- 2 - 3 T lemon juice
- 4 - 6 4-6 free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup full cream yoghurt
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- For the harissa butter
- 2 t harissa
- 2 - 3 T butter
- avo, sliced, to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1. Fry the onions in the butter and oil over medium heat until softened.
2. Add the washed spinach & lemon juice, cook until softened, about 7 minutes
3. Make wells into the greens and break the eggs in there, leave to cook, you can pop the lid on the pan if you want to help the tops cook, should take 10-15 minutes
4. Meanwhile, stir the cumin into the yoghurt, season to taste, loosen with a splash of lemon juice
5. For the harissa butter, melt the harissa into the butter, taking care that it doesn’t burn, minutes before you intend to serve
6. To serve, pop your green eggs onto a plate, add a whopping big dollop of yoghurt, and sliced avo, drizzle with harissa butter, garnish with parsley and dig in.
Cook's note: This recipe from our commercial content editor is inspired by a favoured Ottolenghi one. Use baby spinach if you like, or even kale or Swiss chard.