- 1.2 kg pork neck, trimmed
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 375 ml milk
- 20 g dried chanterelle mushrooms
- rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon quills
- a handful fresh sage
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For serving
- 1 packet of spinach, wilted with lemon and garlic
- 4 sweet potatoes, boiled and smashed
Preheat the oven to 120°C. Place a cast-iron ovenproof frying pan over a high heat.
Rub the pork neck in 1 T olive oil and add the remaining olive oil and butter to the pan. When hot, add the pork neck and sear on all sides until browned.
Remove from the heat, then add the milk, mushrooms, lemon rind, cinnamon, sage and seasoning, to taste, to the pan and roast for 2 hours, basting every so often, until the pork is cooked but still tender.
Serve with large helpings of lemon-and-garlic wilted spinach and smashed buttery sweet potatoes.