- ¾ cup white wine vinegar
- red onion, thinly shaved into rings, to garnish
- 6 soft hot dog rolls
- 6 Woolworths bockwurst
- 100 g soft salted butter
- 6 T Woolworths onion jam
- 3 T Woolworths tangy mayo
- sweet mustard, to taste
- Woolworths organic tomato sauce, to taste
- 100 g Woolworths crispy fried onion sprinkle (or home-made, deep-fried onion)
- 2 T Woolworths sliced jalapeños
- 3 Woolworths hot pickled onions, sliced
- sriracha sauce, to taste
- spring onion (green part only), thinly sliced, to garnish
- Ingredients aren't specified.
Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, heat the vinegar in a small bowl and add the onion rings. Set aside to pickle.
Once the water is boiling, add the sausages and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the water.
Using a bread knife, make incisions into the top of the rolls. Lightly butter each roll.
Spread the onion jam and mayo inside each roll, then add a sausage.
Transfer the hot dogs to a platter, then drizzle over the mustard and tomato sauce. Top with crispy onion sprinkles, pickled brown onions, jalapeño slices, the pickled red onion and sliced spring onion.
Cook's note: For a spicier version, drizzle with sriracha. These hot dogs caused quite a stir. They’re dirty and delicious!