- 150 g brown sugar
- 125 g butter, softened
- 2 free-range eggs
- 65 g self-raising flour
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ¼ t ground cardamom ¼ t
- 500 g pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 190 g Woolworths marshmallow frosting mix
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating them fully before adding the second egg.
3. Add the flour and spices and mix through, then add the pumpkin and milk and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased 24 cm pie dish and bake for 1 hour.
5. Make the marshmallow frosting according to package instructions.
6. Once the tart is baked, top with the frosting and torch with blowtorch until golden brown.
Cook’s note: If you don’t have a blowtorch, place the marshmallow tart under the grill for 2 minutes until browned.