- 100 g dry-cured wood-smoked streaky bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chillies, chopped
- 250 g free-range chicken livers, rinsed and dried
- 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 loaf ciabatta, sliced and toasted
- 3 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 t smoked paprika
1. Pan-fry the bacon in the olive oil over a medium heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper until ready to serve.
2. Fry the garlic and chilli in the bacon fat until fragrant. Turn the heat up to high, add the chicken livers and fry for 3–5 minutes. Season to taste. Add the paprika and toss through the cannellini beans before spooning onto the ciabatta toast. Top with the bacon.
Photographs: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira