- 12 baby beetroot, cleaned
- 4 T avocado oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 x 200 g salmon fillets
- Fresh mint shredded, for serving
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Toss the beetroot in 1 T avocado oil, then arrange on a baking tray, sprinkle with sea salt and top with thyme leaves. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender and caramelised.
Remove the skins from the beetroot, then pureÅLe the flesh with 1 T avocado oil.
Fold the beetroot puree, lemon juice, parsley and 1 T avocado oil into the cooked quinoa. Season to taste and set aside.
Cut the salmon fillets into bite-sized cubes, then rub with the remaining avocado oil and season to taste. Sear in a pan over a high heat for 30 seconds, or until deep gold in colour but still pink inside.
Serve immediately with the beetroot quinoa salad and shredded fresh mint.