- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
- 800 g hake fillets, scored
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 8 black olives, smashed and stoned
- 8 green olives, smashed and stoned
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g baby spinach, blanched
Heat the oil and salt in a frying pan over a high heat. Once smoking, pour the oil out of the pan and add a little more oil to the pan. This will prevent the fish from sticking.
Place the hake fillets in the pan skin side down and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until crisp. Turn and fry on the other side for 2 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Toss the remaining ingredients, except the baby spinach, in a bowl and coat evenly in the dressing. 4 Serve with the crispy salted fish and blanched spinach.
Cook’s note: Score the skin of the fish so that it doesn’t curl up when frying. Cut 3 small slits in the skin using a sharp knife.