- 70 g Blue Elephant Panang curry paste
- 1 x 400 ml coconut milk can
- 400 g free-range skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 T sunflower oil
- For the stir fried vegetables:
- 1 T sesame oil
- 3 T teriyaki sauce
- 150 g green beans
- 250 g sweet tricolore salad peppers, sliced
- 100 g baby corn, halved
- 120 g Woolworths Shiraz mange tout
- 100 g Tenderstem broccoli
- 200 g Rosalini pomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, to garnish
Vigorously mix the curry paste and coconut milk until combined. Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan, drain the chicken (reserving the marinade), then cook it on both sides. Add a little of the reserved marinade while cooking.
To make the stirfried vegetables, heat a wok and add the sesame oil and teriyaki sauce. Stir until blended. Add the green beans, peppers and the baby corn and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until soft.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander.
First published in the June 2014
issue of TASTE magazine.