- 3 T olive oil
- 400 g brown mushrooms, torn
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves of Woolworths black garlic, crushed
- fresh nutmeg, grated, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups cream
- 100 g Parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
- 10 Woolworths ready-made pancakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a high heat, then fry the mushrooms in small batches until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, sweat the shallots over a medium heat until soft and golden, then add the black garlic and nutmeg and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock and reduce for 10 minutes, then add the cream, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the Parmesan and gently tuck the pancakes into the pan, reduce the heat, season and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Top with more Parmesan before serving.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food Assistant: Bianca Strydom