- 100 g Woolworths dried toasted breadcrumbs
- 120 g Woolworths Parmesan, grated
- 1/3 parsley cup, chopped
- 140 g flour
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 brinjals, thinly sliced
- canola oil, for frying
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 T Woolworths basil pesto
- ½ cup Woolworths creamy mayonnaise
- Woolworths lemon, to squeeze
- mixed olives, for serving
1 Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and parsley in a shallow bowl. Place the flour in a separate bowl.
2 Whisk the eggs and garlic together in a third shallow bowl. Slice the brinjals into long, thin wedges, making sure they are all more or less the same size. Dip them into the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip into the egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture, patting it on firmly.
3 Fry the crumbed brinjals in batches in the hot oil for 1–2 minutes, or until crispy and golden. Remove using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Sprinkle with sea salt while warm.
4 Stir the basil pesto into the mayonnaise. Squeeze the lemon juice over the brinjal and serve with the olives and mayonnaise.