- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (made with dry ciabatta)
- 60 g Parmesan, grated
- ¼ lemon, zested
- salt, to taste
- 1 T butter
- olive oil, for frying
- radicchio, for serving (optional)
- For the caponata:
- 6 T olive oil
- 10 baby brinjals, cut into chunks
- 20 g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 10 pitted green olives
- 10 pitted black olives
- 8 anchovies
- 10 caperberries, halved
- 6 T Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 T red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Coat the pork chops in the beaten egg. Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon zest and salt and dip the egg-washed pork chops into the crumbs until evenly coated.
Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the chops until golden. Finish off in the oven for 10 minutes.
To make the caponata, heat 4 T olive oil in a pan. Cook the brinjals until soft and charred. Add the pine nuts, garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute. Toss with the remaining caponata ingredients.
Serve the chops with the caponata and radicchio dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.