- 125 g Tenderstem broccoli tips, trimmed
- 140 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Olive oil for stir-frying
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g fresh fettuccine, cooked until al dente
- 25 g Parmesan shavings, for serving
- 20 g pistachio nuts, roasted and shelled, for serving
- For the herb-and-goat’s cheese pesto, blend:
- 20 g fresh Italian herb mix, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 100 g chevin (soft goat’s cheese) log
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Stir-fry the broccoli and sugar snap peas in 1–2 T olive oil over a high heat until tender-crisp.
Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the spinach, remove from the heat and check the seasoning.
Mix with the hot, drained pasta. Top each serving with a big spoonful of pesto, Parmesan and pistachios.
Cook’s notes: Use pine nuts or broken roasted walnuts instead of pistachios, and low-fat cream cheese rather than goat’s cheese.