- 350 g brinjal, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 T olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ t dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 ml good-quality vegetable stock
- 1 x 400 g chickpeas can, drained and rinsed
- 250 g macaroni, cooked al dente
- 40 g rocket
- 40 g Parmesan, grated
Gently cook the brinjal and onion in the olive oil for 15 to 20 minutes, or until very soft.
Stir in the garlic, oregano and seasoning. Add the stock, stirring to loosen. Add the chickpeas and simmer for 5 minutes.
Roughly mash half the chickpeas. Add the drained pasta (reserve the pasta water) and mix well. If necessary, loosen with a little pasta water. Add the rocket and check the seasoning.
Garnish with the remaining rocket. Sprinkle with Parmesan.