- 400 g organic spaghetti
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Pine nuts, toasted, to garnish
- Parmesan, grated, for serving
- For the ricotta-basil pesto, pound together:
- 1 x 250-300 g tub ricotta
- 30 g basil leaves, tough stalks discarded
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 T pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 T olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Serve the hot pasta with the sauce, at room temperature (if necessary, loosen with a little hot pasta water). Check seasoning, sprinkle with basil leaves and toasted pine nuts and pass around Parmesan at the table.
Cook’s notes: This easy pesto is also good on baked potatoes, as a filling in omelettes and pushed under the skin of chicken breasts before roasting.