- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1 t sugar
- 1 T yeast
- 140 g flour
- 70 g pea protein powder
- 1 t salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 t bicarbonate of soda
- for the tamarind butter, blend together
- 2 T tamarind
- 125 g butter
1. Mix the milk, sugar and yeast. Allow to stand until bubbling, around 5 minutes. Add the flour, pea protein powder and salt and beat for 3 minutes or until the batter is smooth.
2. Cover and place somewhere warm until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Mix the water and bicarbonate of, stir into the batter and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4. Heat a nonstick pan over a medium heat and, using a greased egg ring, place a few tablespoons of mixture inside.
5. Cook until one side is golden brown and bubbles appear, then carefully turn over. Carefully remove from the hot rings and serve hot with tamarind butter.