- 125 g butter, melted
- 95 g Woolworths coconut sugar, melted
- 45 g desiccated coconut
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 60 g flour
- 40 g self-raising flour
- 1 T cocoa
- ½ cup Woolworths smooth peanut butter cup
- chocolate vermicelli or drops, to decorate
- For the chocolate shell coating:
- 170 g Woolworths dark chocolate drops
- 3 T coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine the butter, sugar, coconut, egg, flour and cocoa in a bowl and mix well.
2. Press the mixture evenly into a 18 cmx 27 cm rectangular or square tin lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes. Once baked, spread with the peanut butter and chill to set. Once cold, slice into the desired size and place in the freezer.
3. To make the chocolate shell coating, place the chocolate drops and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave in 30-second bursts until melted. Stir to combine.
4. Arrange the cold bars on a cooling rack over a baking tray and pour over the coating. Sprinkle with the chocolate vermicelli or dark chocolate drops and store in the fridge.
Photograph: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen