This peppermint crisp tart is deliciously decadent, make it for your next special occasion, or just because!
- 3 x 250 ml tubs Woolworths Ayrshire whipping cream
- 4 x 360 g cans Nestlé Caramel Treat
- 2 x 200 g packets Bakers Tennis Biscuits
- 3 x 150 g slabs Nestlé Peppermint Crisp, roughly broken into chunks
1. Whip the cream until soft peaks form. (I use an electric stand-mixer for about 3 minutes on a medium speed and then speed it up for the last minute.) In a separate bowl, beat the caramel with a fork to loosen and to ensure a smooth texture.
2. Gently fold the caramel into the whipped cream, then add most of the chocolate pieces (set aside a cupful for decoration).
3. Line a 30 x 22 x 6.5 cm dish with a single layer of whole Tennis biscuits. Top with half the caramel mixture, then add another layer of Tennis biscuits. Pour the remainder of the caramel mixture over the second layer of Tennis biscuits.
4. Sprinkle the last of the Peppermint Crisp chunks over the top. Cover with tin foil and chill for at least 7 hours before serving.
Cook’s note: Effortless and quick, this tart takes a maximum of 30 minutes to make. This recipe makes one large tart big enough for at least 12 people. It also makes for excellent leftovers.