- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 500 g Woolworths free-range beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, panfried and chopped
- 1 free-range egg
- 50 g Woolworths dried breadcrumbs
- 2 T basil pesto
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- good-quality mayonnaise, for serving
- 4 Woolworths ultimate burger rolls
- tomatoes, sliced, for serving
- red onion, sliced, for serving
- cucumber ribbons, for serving
- Woolworths crimson microleaves, for serving
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix the onion, mince, garlic, bacon, egg, breadcrumbs, pesto, mozzarella and chilli, and season.
Shape the mixture into 4 patties. Pan-fry in a cast-iron pan for 3 minutes on each side, then finish in the oven for 5–10 minutes.
Spread the mayonnaise onto the burger rolls and top with tomatoes, red onion, a burger patty, cucumber and microleaves.
Chef's note: The leaner the meat, the more it will dry out during cooking. A fattier beef mince makes for the juiciest burgers.