- 500 g flour
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 x 10 g sachet dry yeast
- 2 t salt
- 20 g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 100 g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Maldon salt, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Mix the flour, water, yeast and salt. Fold in the baby spinach and cauliflower.
Heat the oil over a medium to high heat. Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into the oil and fry in batches until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper and season with salt.
Serve with home-made pomodoro sauce and a wedge of lemon.
Cook's note: These little fritters are often made to celebrate saint’s feast days in Italy, but why be a martyr? Make them tonight.