- For the pickle:
- 12 baby onions, peeled and halved
- 4 beetroot, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine vinegar
- For the fish
- 500 g Woolworths pickled yellowtail or hake
- 30 g Woolworths samphire, blanched
- Baby vegetables, for serving
- Baby leaves, for serving
Bring all the pickle ingredients to a boil in a pan. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
To serve, arrange all the ingredients in a bowl.
Cook's note: Pickled fish is a much-loved Cape tradition over Easter. Woolies has totally delicious hake and yellowtail versions, so you can just add extra pickled onions and some samphire and peppery leaves on the side.